cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNMS Application Usage Metering

Regarding FNMS Application Usage Metering, we are trying to understand why the default settings have:

UseMSI  = True as the default

UseAddRemove = False as default

Is there a reason why the UseAddRemove is set to False?  Can we have both set to true without any issues?

Thanks,

Joan

(3) Replies

@joan_mckinley 

I think that there may be historical reasons why the UseAddRemove is set to False by default, e.g. that it may generate a lot of raw usage data.

However, I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to configure both values to True.

Thanks,

Ronny_OO7
By Level 8 Champion
Level 8 Champion

Hi Joan,

I agree where you are coming from and have also created an Idea so that this is changed

https://flexerasfdc.ideas.aha.io/ideas/FNMS-I-41

Regards

Ronald

If usage gathering is enabled for devices by turning on the "Allow application usage tracking on these targets" setting on a target in the web UI, then that will set the UseAddRemove preference to "TRUE" through the agent's policy if you are using FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud, or using FlexNet Manager Suite On-premises 2020 R2 or later on your application server.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)