cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Intrepid explorer

FNMS API documentation

Does FNMS have an exposed API that can be used to call from other non-Flexera applications? 

If so, where is the documentation? I haven't been able to find it yet.

Thanks,
Jason

5 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: FNMS API documentation

FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud and On-premises does have an internal API that other Flexera products (like App Portal) make use of. However the current (*) situation is that this API is not documented, supported or guaranteed to remain unchanged over future product updates. So it is not very effective for your own production use.

With those major caveats stated, check out the following for a little info on how to use this internal API to access FlexNet data using an API: Access or Update FNMS Cloud Data using PowerShell

(*) The "current" situation may change in the future, with some consideration of a published API currently in the works.

(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)
Highlighted
Flexera
Flexera

Hi @jaalstead ,

More like the current APi is not documented or designed for external use at this time.

Thanks,
Jimmy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional contributor

Hi Jimmy,

Is there any chance that you may have a rough ETA on when (if at all) the FNMS API may be documented for customer consumption?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Flexera
Flexera

Hi Doug,

Engineering has not provided an ETA yet, but they are still planning to provide it in the future. I will update this post once something official is announced.

Thanks