cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1720 when trying to Uninstall FlexNet Beacon

dbeckner
By Level 10 Champion
Level 10 Champion

I am trying to perform an uninstall and reinstall of the FlexNet Beacon. I have tried to modify, repair, and remove the program and i get the same error everytime. The issue appears to be with the "Custom action BackupCurrentBeaconEngineConfig script error -2147319780: Line 230, Column 2". I have attached a screenshot.

(1) Solution

The issue was that sccrun.dll was not registered. Opening an elevated PS and running -- regsvr32 "c\windows\syswow64\scrrun.dll" fixed the issue.

View solution in original post

(4) Replies

Hi @dbeckner ,

Please check in the beacon if there is any custom task created for this backup of the Beacon config file. Make sure that all the tasks and services and in the beacon were disabled before you proceed with the uninstall.

If you are able to find the config file which its referring to in the error it will give more details and you can also refer to the uninstall logs.

Regards,

winvarma 

A first thing to check would be to look in the Windows Installer log to see if any other relevant logging appears immediately before the error message that is being shown in the dialog. With that said, I'm not hopeful that you will find much there.

I believe the information in the error message you're seeing is consistent with the following VBscript statement that is executed during the beacon uninstall failing with an error code of -2147319780 (which appears to be a Windows error code meaning "The system registration database could not be opened"):

Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

What happens if you create your own VBscript file containing this statement and execute it? For example (in PowerShell):

PS C:\Temp> 'Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")' >test.vbs
PS C:\Temp> cscript test.vbs
Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.812
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

PS C:\Temp>

Also, in case you are not already doing this, do be sure to run the uninstall with full local administrator rights.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hi @ChrisG,

If i create and run the VBScript you provided I get the same output as you. I havent found anything specific in the logs.

The issue was that sccrun.dll was not registered. Opening an elevated PS and running -- regsvr32 "c\windows\syswow64\scrrun.dll" fixed the issue.