cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate but only in one sccm table

Hi Everyone, 

I have a problem/question I hope to get some answers here. 

Found a duplicate in the All Inventory UI:

2022-05-25 16_45_44-.png

Deleting the later 2 devices does not help- they come back after reconciliation. 

So I went to Compliance db and looked for the device name there:

ImportedComputers lookup.png

Then checked the external ID's in sccm:

sccm ids lookup.png

Now, my questions are:

1) Do they come back because they still exist in that PC_Memory_DATA table?
2) Found about 200k MachineIDs exsiting in PC_Memory_DATA table and NOT present in other tables. Is it normal?
3) Shouldn't they be deleted from the table with the regular sccm cleanup task?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. 

Best, 
Paweł

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

What you're seeing here looks like it may be related to the following: Known Issue: Devices deleted from SCCM may not be deleted in FlexNet Manager Suite when the connection to SCCM is configured on the application/batch server (IOJ-2193871)

I would suggest deleting the ImportedComputer records that have an ExternalID value that does not exist in the SCCM Computer_System_DATA table - that should stop these inventory devices from re-appearing.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(6) Replies

@ppyrzynski 

Did you try to delete the orphaned content from PC_Memory_DATA for one of the devices and then check if it still shows up afterwards? (Maybe this test could be a simple test to check if these orphaned records are the root cause of your issues?)

Thanks,

Hi, Thanks for your reply. 

Asked the DB management team to test delete them for one of the devices but got answer "it's not advisable" :). Not sure if I should insist because I'm not sure if it's safe to just do "delete from where id like". Is it?

Best, 
Paweł 

ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

What you're seeing here looks like it may be related to the following: Known Issue: Devices deleted from SCCM may not be deleted in FlexNet Manager Suite when the connection to SCCM is configured on the application/batch server (IOJ-2193871)

I would suggest deleting the ImportedComputer records that have an ExternalID value that does not exist in the SCCM Computer_System_DATA table - that should stop these inventory devices from re-appearing.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hi Chris,

This worked. Thanks a lot.

Best, 
Paweł 

Hi Martin, 

Thanks for suggestion. Found and applied that change already :). Still no luck. 

Best, 

Paweł