cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date Format Inventory Date Creation Date

On the "All Inventory" page, you can add two columns "Creation Date" and "Inventory Date".  As long as I look at these on the application page, they all appear fine, and consistent.  However, when I download these to an excel/CSV, they all have different formats.  So its very difficult to filter on it.  Have you experienced this, and is there a fix to it?

(7) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Can you give some examples of the formats you are seeing, particularly in the raw CSV data?

I’ve just tried doing a download as described, and in my case the date values are all coming through in a consistent format. For my settings all dates are in dd/MM/yyyy format in both downloaded CSV and Excel files. Here is an example of dates in CSV data I'm seeing:

ChrisG_0-1586914918613.png

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Backing up what Chris shared, can you define what you mean by 'date format', with visual illustration also? Doesn't sound like something that would be DP oriented and more environmental but let's see.

If you see the sample below, this is exactly what the CSV file is giving me.  Some have a "/" as separator, others have a "-" as separator.  When I click on the cells, the ones in mm-dd-yyyy are being captured in a "Date" format, while those in MM/DD/YYYY are being captured in a general format. I am unable to filter properly. 

Date Issues.PNG

That screenshot looks like you have attempted to open a CSV file in Excel where the date format used in the CSV file is different from the date format the Excel is looking for according to your locale settings. What date values do you see in the raw CSV file if you open it in a text editor rather than Excel?
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Thank Chris,  This is the raw output from CSV, and this does look more consistent, but it scrambles when I view in excel.  Or even when I download the xslx file.  Any ideas what settings I can fix in excel to get this right?

Date Issues 2.PNG

@flexeranoob 

I would recommend controlling the import of CSV files into Excel as plain .TXT files, i.e. ensuring that the format of each column is controlled when importing.

Thanks,

Hi,

I usually use the Excel import function, instead of opening the CSV file with Excel directly. It helps setting data formats.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Import-or-export-text-txt-or-csv-files-5250ac4c-663c-47ce-937b-339e391393ba

Best regards,

Markward