cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboard Overspend

Dear Community, 

What is the best way to identify problematic license that is calculating a huge overspend value. What is your best practice to make good use of this feature? 

Appreciate your support.

Victor

A. MacBeath
(1) Solution

@Victor_MacBeath , I believe the suggestion from @mfranz is valid.

On the product side, I can tell you that we are currently undertaking a project to revamp our FNMS Analytics capabilities.  We are working with a number of customer stakeholders to define dashboards, reports and visualizations to deliver out of the box value to customers.  Whether you are using our Cloud or on premises version, you will be able to take advantage of these visualizations.  We expect to start delivering these visualizations incrementally over the next few months.

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi Victor,

I think the existing report is sufficient to identify problematic licenses, especially as the treshold can be changed. To make good use this information, I would recommend categorizing the use cases for these licenses. And this is not a technical process, but an organizational. What could be the reason for the overspend?

• Software got uninstalled/replaced (check application lifecycle)
  • Recognition issues (e.g. application got patched, check "Unrecognized Evidence")
  • Procurement data quality issues (e.g. too many entitlements)
  • Application cannot be inventoried

From there, depending on the category, you might want to take appropriate actions.

• Retire licenses
  • Improve Recognition
  • Improve procurement data
  • Ammend existing licenses (customizing)
  • Return unused entitlements to the publisher or sell them to third parties
  • Ignore the issue

As always, scope is important. So it might make sense prioritizing the licenses not by the amount of unused entitlements, but by the potential financial impact. A custom report could help with that (or exporting to Excel and multiplying "Shortfall/Availability" with "Override unit price").

Best regards,

Markward

@Victor_MacBeath , I believe the suggestion from @mfranz is valid.

On the product side, I can tell you that we are currently undertaking a project to revamp our FNMS Analytics capabilities.  We are working with a number of customer stakeholders to define dashboards, reports and visualizations to deliver out of the box value to customers.  Whether you are using our Cloud or on premises version, you will be able to take advantage of these visualizations.  We expect to start delivering these visualizations incrementally over the next few months.