cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compilation error - After upgrading to Flexnet 2020 R2

After I completed running PowerShell scripts to configure Flexnet 2020 R2

.\Config.ps1 "Config\FNMS Windows Authentication Config.xml" updateconfig

I got "HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable."

I found the app pools for Flexnet were disabled. After starting the app pool I get Compilation error. I restarted the server and get the same error. I have logged a case, but need to get a fast resolution as Flexnet is unusable.

Error presented on browser:

Server Error in '/Suite' Application.

Compilation Error

Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS1593: Delegate 'Flexera.Web.Core.Display.FileUploadHelper.FileUploadEventHandler' does not take 2 arguments

Source Error:

Line 163:				"businessDataUploadControl", new string[] { allowedExtension },
Line 164:				maximumFileSize: 20 * 1024 * 1024,
Line 165:				uploadCompleteHandler: delegate(System.IO.Stream inputFileStream, string fileName) {Line 166:						SaveUploadedFile(r, inputFileStream, fileName);
Line 167:						return string.Empty;

Source File: c:\Program Files (x86)\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\WebUI\App_Code\BusinessDataUploadsController.cs    Line: 165

Error from Administrative Events:

Event code: 3007
Event message: A compilation error has occurred.
Event time: 10/08/2021 9:23:29 AM
Event time (UTC): 10/08/2021 1:23:29 AM
Event ID: 8ab31b0fa3894a198d28a425c4af3e77
Event sequence: 3
Event occurrence: 1
Event detail code: 0

Application information:
Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT/Suite-34-132730322080037395
Trust level: Full
Application Virtual Path: /Suite
Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\WebUI\
Machine name: **ServerName**

Process information:
Process ID: 6012
Process name: w3wp.exe
Account name: DOMAIN\svc-fnmp-****

Exception information:
Exception type: HttpCompileException
Exception message: c:\Program Files (x86)\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\WebUI\App_Code\BusinessDataUploadsController.cs(165): error CS1593: Delegate 'Flexera.Web.Core.Display.FileUploadHelper.FileUploadEventHandler' does not take 2 arguments
at System.Web.Compilation.AssemblyBuilder.Compile()
at System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompiler.PerformBuild()
at System.Web.Compilation.CodeDirectoryCompiler.GetCodeDirectoryAssembly(VirtualPath virtualDir, CodeDirectoryType dirType, String assemblyName, StringSet excludedSubdirectories, Boolean isDirectoryAllowed)
at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileCodeDirectory(VirtualPath virtualDir, CodeDirectoryType dirType, String assemblyName, StringSet excludedSubdirectories)
at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileCodeDirectories()
at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.EnsureTopLevelFilesCompiled()
at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CallAppInitializeMethod()
at System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.Initialize(ApplicationManager appManager, IApplicationHost appHost, IConfigMapPathFactory configMapPathFactory, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters, PolicyLevel policyLevel, Exception appDomainCreationException)

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

This error suggests that you are using a custom component delivered to you though a services engagement with Flexera or a Flexera partner that needs to be updated for compatibility with the new FlexNet Manager Suite release.

Take a look at the following thread for discussion on what to do here: FNMS GUI not working post upgrade to 2020 r2

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(3) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

This error suggests that you are using a custom component delivered to you though a services engagement with Flexera or a Flexera partner that needs to be updated for compatibility with the new FlexNet Manager Suite release.

Take a look at the following thread for discussion on what to do here: FNMS GUI not working post upgrade to 2020 r2

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)
Now I get the error:
Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS0101: The namespace '<global namespace>' already contains a definition for 'BusinessDataUploadsController'

Source Error:

Line 5:
Line 6: [Flexera.Web.Core.AccessResource("CMBusinessImport")]
Line 7: public class BusinessDataUploadsController: System.Web.Mvc.Controller
Line 8: {
Line 9: private static readonly Flexera.Common.Logging.ILogger mLogger = Flexera.Common.Logging.LogManager.GetLogger("Flexera.Custom.BusinessDataUploads");

Source File: c:\Program Files (x86)\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\WebUI\App_Code\BusinessDataUploadsController.cs Line: 7
Ignore this. I copied old version of BusinessDataUploadsController.cs into a backup folder. Once I renamed the .cs to .cs.backup it solved the issue.