cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clone a target

Hello,

I had a target used Agent 3rd deployment. Then I cloned it but only the new one uploaded inventory data. The original one didn't run inventory (tracker.log stopped at the last inventory before cloning).

I tried to run Scanner on the original target and it uploaded normally, but there was error as attached picture.

What should I do to make both targets inventoried?

(4) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

The following failure shown in the log is not an indication that inventory gathering failed:

[12/22/2021 5:37:45 PM (G, 0)] {980} Querying 'Microsoft Azure' cloud service provider. 
[12/22/2021 5:37:51 PM (G, 0)] {980} The following error e069009a occurred while retrieving data from 'http://169.254.169.254/metadata/instance/compute/vmId?api-version=2018-02-01&format=text' 
Connection timed out 
Failed to write local file C:\Users\LOCALU~1\AppData\Local\Temp\flexmt9668
Error transferring data (Network error?) 
[12/22/2021 5:37:51 PM (G, 0)] {980} The cloud service provider 'Microsoft Azure' is not detected in this computer. 

This message indicates that the ndtrack process wasn't able connect to the well-known address for gathering Azure information, which is entirely normal and expected for any computer that is not an Azure instance.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hi @ChrisG 

The problem is the clone machine runs inventory automatically as schedule, but the original one doesn't (with full Inventory Agent)

If scheduled events are not running on a computer, check the agent's schedule.log file to see evidence that the scheduler agent (ndschedag) process is running, and what it is doing. Also try running "ndschedag -t Machine" with administrator rights which will show details of the schedule settings that are currently configured.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hello @ChrisG 

Thank you for your reply. I ran the ndschedag -t Machine and the schedule time was OK. I aslo clone another machine from the cloned one, and they run inventory successfully, only the original one does not.

This problem occurs on Windows devices (Windows Server 2019 in my case). I will try to clone from another machine to see if this happens.