cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change hostname of the beacon to add FQDN

Hi,

I have an error in inventoring a windows target.

Scenario is having a beacon on a different domain of the target.

So the target execute the following command

\\MON-P-FX-AS-V01\mgsRET$\Inventory\ndtrack.exe -t Machine -o UploadLocation="http://172.30.113.173/ManageSoftRL" -o LogModules="default" -o IgnoreConnectionWindows="true" -o ShowIcon="false" -o PolicyRevisionNumber="543" -o RuleID="23" -o SessionUID="f7428ee6-40a5-4020-bcd1-cf10d6147cf4" -o IncludeDirectory="" -o CALInventory="False"

that gives a network error.

I need to change the first part \\MON-P-FX-AS-V01 in \\MON-P-FX-AS-V01.domain.com

where I can do this?

I already changed the network name in the beacon engine configuration in dotnet/conf, but this change affected only the second part of the command (where you see the IP)

Thanks for your help!

(5) Replies

Hi marcog,

You will want to update the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ManageSoft Corp\ManageSoft\RemoteExecution\CurrentVersion

I hope this helps.

-Pete

Which of the voices I have to change, I attached the Current Version key

Try changing the name used to reference the beacon in the PublicToolsShare and ActionShare registry values under HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ManageSoft Corp\ManageSoft\RemoteExecution\CurrentVersion.

(Although I am a little unsure here - your original post showed output from a beacon named MON-P-FX-AS-V01, while the registry settings appear to be from a beacon named PSAMAS02C. Have you changed which beacon you are looking at?)

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hi Chris, thanks for reply, the difference in the name is because I have the error in production but I'm doing my test for this in a testing environment.

I will check for actionshare registry key in the documentation to understand what it is

Hi 

you could also change the name of the beacon within the beacon.config located C:\Program Files (x86)\Flexera Software\Inventory Beacon\DotNet\conf\BeaconEngine.config by default 

you can add the networkname = FQDN 

as another method. 

Matt

If you find my answer useful please give kudos, if my answer solves your issue, please make sure to mark as solution