cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Adapter for inventory changes

Hi,

can somebody briefly explain how to use/which templates to use available through Business Adapter in order to change the inventory device role.

Thanks,

Maria

(2) Solutions

Hi Maria,

I did the following:

Create a staging database, with the following column: computer name, serial number and role (please take note that there are predefined roles in FNMS, I use that ones)

Create a connection to that table

Create node computer

Map computer name (use for matching), serial number(use for matching) and role

Run the business importer,  and now I have the roles in the system matched with the corresponding computer. 

View solution in original post

Hi Maria,

In the Business Adapter Studio there is a tree-like menu. You can add objects (nodes) to it by right-clicking. You might also find useful details in the BAS documentation: UsingFlexNetBusinessAdapters2019R1.pdf

Best regards,

Markward

View solution in original post

(3) Replies

Hi Maria,

I did the following:

Create a staging database, with the following column: computer name, serial number and role (please take note that there are predefined roles in FNMS, I use that ones)

Create a connection to that table

Create node computer

Map computer name (use for matching), serial number(use for matching) and role

Run the business importer,  and now I have the roles in the system matched with the corresponding computer. 

Thanks a lot Adrian!
Would you mind specify whatyou mean by "Create node computer", what is it for?

Hi Maria,

In the Business Adapter Studio there is a tree-like menu. You can add objects (nodes) to it by right-clicking. You might also find useful details in the BAS documentation: UsingFlexNetBusinessAdapters2019R1.pdf

Best regards,

Markward