cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug in path file

If raw path file is correct, path file in all evidences may be not. It is described as most frequent between raw paths matching the evidence. But this is never updated, then path is often wrong. Take example with one evidence, 2 devices with different paths. Path shown is one of the 2. If you deleted associated device, file path is not uptaded and is wrong. Should be path on the second device.
Case for this bug is opened since months.
Regards.
(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

My understanding of how this is intended to work matches the current behavior you have described: the "file path" on a file evidence record is set to the most frequently observed path in the environment at the time the evidence record is created, which is when the particular file details are first observed in inventory. I'm not aware of any functionality in the system that would automatically update these values at any point.

If you think there is a good use case for having the system calculate and track the most commonly observed path for individual filenames on an ongoing basis and other people may be interested in that capability, I would suggest logging an idea in Flexera Ideas so that people can vote on it.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

My understanding of how this is intended to work matches the current behavior you have described: the "file path" on a file evidence record is set to the most frequently observed path in the environment at the time the evidence record is created, which is when the particular file details are first observed in inventory. I'm not aware of any functionality in the system that would automatically update these values at any point.

If you think there is a good use case for having the system calculate and track the most commonly observed path for individual filenames on an ongoing basis and other people may be interested in that capability, I would suggest logging an idea in Flexera Ideas so that people can vote on it.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Forwarding to "Flexera Ideas" is really not a "good idea" for recognised bugs. Solulion could be:

- change the documentation from "most frequent" to "most frequent at the creation, but never updated". Then bug disappears, but this not fair.

- provide a work arround procedure (on demand report) that updates this information based on existing 'most frequent' internal calculation. Recommanded solution.

- run this procedure in reconcilation process, but may be too time consuming.

Regards.