bmaudlin
Consultant

Automatically upgrading agent v13.0.1 to v16

Hi Guys,

I'm just trawling the documentation currently, however I thought it may be quicker to ask here. Our current agent v13.0.1 has gone out of normal support, and I am exploring options of how to upgrade this agent.

Does v13.0.1 support an upgrade via a deployment from the inventory beacons to v16?

Ben

0 Kudos
5 Replies
durgeshsing
Active participant

Re: Automatically upgrading agent v13.0.1 to v16

I have done Upgrade from 13.1.1 to 16.0 & its working fine.

I would suggest follow below step

1:-Try to install agent manually & see if its removing old client & installation new. Also verify if its reporting fine in fnms. If this test goes well then it should work for auto upgrade as well.

2:-Auto Upgrade will work for default installation directories if previous version has custom installation location then it will not work. Also please ensure NO third party deployment has schedule for old agent like SCCM or GPO.

3:-If above two points are ok then go head & target 3-4 device & check the result.

4:- If above 3 points goes well then you are good to go.

bmaudlin
Consultant

@durgeshsing  - thanks for the update.

Would this be the same process for the Unix based agents? Not 100% sure if there is an upgrade path for those agents.

Ben

0 Kudos
durgeshsing
Active participant

Yes. 

0 Kudos
bmaudlin
Consultant

Ahh okay, so there is no need to remove the Unix based agent prior to upgrade, my understanding was the agent needed to be fully removed on Unix based OS prior to install, to then install the new agent. Is this not the case?

0 Kudos