cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe Creative Cloud Usage Metering

Hi, I recently checked our application container for Adobe CC all apps, and it is weird seeing that none of our users are using it as per FNMS though they have it. I checked the application container and saw a lot of evidence under the Installer evidence tab which I assume setup from ARL, however, I see no file evidence at all so I'm wondering if that is the reason why I'm seeing "No" on "Used" column on consumption? Plus isn't it that ARL supposed to be doing the attachment of these file evidence to the application?

(1) Solution

You may want to consider upgrading.  The FNMS 2020 R1 Agent was enhanced to better capture usage for applications such as Adobe Cloud that are not installed with a traditional MSI package.  The following are listed as improvements to the FNMS 2020 R1 Agent.

Enables usage tracking based on Add/Remove programs evidence when "Enable usage tracking" setting is selected
FlexNet inventory agent for Microsoft Windows platforms supports gathering evidence from Add/Remove Programs to help in tracking software usage.

Meter 64-bit applications for usage tracking
The FlexNet inventory agent will now correctly meter executables under installation directories identified in Windows 64-bit Add/Remove Programs registry settings.

Remove possibility of usage tracking linking the executable to the wrong application
This update removes the possibility for an executable to map to the wrong application for usage metering on Windows devices. This could occur when multiple applications share the same installation directory, and the UseAddRemove preference is set to "true".

View solution in original post

(4) Replies

@jjoaquin - What is your source of Desktop Inventory?  If you are using the FlexNet Agent, what version of the agent are you using?

Hi,

So we got FNMS Agent most running 14 although some are still on 12 or 13.

You may want to consider upgrading.  The FNMS 2020 R1 Agent was enhanced to better capture usage for applications such as Adobe Cloud that are not installed with a traditional MSI package.  The following are listed as improvements to the FNMS 2020 R1 Agent.

Enables usage tracking based on Add/Remove programs evidence when "Enable usage tracking" setting is selected
FlexNet inventory agent for Microsoft Windows platforms supports gathering evidence from Add/Remove Programs to help in tracking software usage.

Meter 64-bit applications for usage tracking
The FlexNet inventory agent will now correctly meter executables under installation directories identified in Windows 64-bit Add/Remove Programs registry settings.

Remove possibility of usage tracking linking the executable to the wrong application
This update removes the possibility for an executable to map to the wrong application for usage metering on Windows devices. This could occur when multiple applications share the same installation directory, and the UseAddRemove preference is set to "true".