cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Active Directory records

Hi,

we've around 40k records in ADUser  table but in the compliance user table, we've more than 129k records. I thought user data would be removed once it didn't exist in the ADuser table. Correct me if i'm wrong.

(1) Solution

I don't believe user status details are imported from "inventory" sources such as Office 365.

There are 2 typical ways that user status is set: either automatically by a business adapter importing status from an appropriate data source, or manually by user in the web UI.

You may get some insight into who or when the status on a user record was changed by looking at information on the "History" tab of the record.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(3) Replies
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Other data sources might import users as well. Maybe check the ImportedUser view to see where your users came from.

And maybe have a look at the ComplianceUserInventorySourceTypeID attribute in the ComplianceUser view. If users are created by a business adapter, they might not be automatically removed.

Thank you, I can see some employees are from the Office 365 adapter, does that make sense?
 we can see some employees are marked as inactive which is okay but not sure how they're marked.
Is there any logic? 

I don't believe user status details are imported from "inventory" sources such as Office 365.

There are 2 typical ways that user status is set: either automatically by a business adapter importing status from an appropriate data source, or manually by user in the web UI.

You may get some insight into who or when the status on a user record was changed by looking at information on the "History" tab of the record.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)