Occasional contributor

Activation fails - Connectionstring

Jump to solution

We are trying to install Flexnet Manager Suite 2020 on a clean server.

When launching the Flexnet Manager Suite Activation Wizard, a problem occurs:

---Problem---

(s0m0): The activation wizard failed to initialize.

---System exception---

The ConnectionString property has not been initialized.

---Source---

System.Data

---Stack trace---

System.InvalidOperationException: The ConnectionString property has not been initialized.
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.PermissionDemand()
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.PermissionDemand(DbConnection outerConnection)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionInternal.TryOpenConnectionInternal(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.TryOpenInner(TaskCompletionSource`1 retry)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.TryOpen(TaskCompletionSource`1 retry)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()
at ManageSoft.Database.DatabaseConnection.Open()
at ManageSoft.Database.Impl.DatabaseLayerBaseSql.ConnectionOpen()
at ManageSoft.Database.Impl.DatabaseLayerBaseSql.GetScalarResult(CommandType p_CommandType, String p_CommandText, DatabaseParameter[] p_Parameters)
at Flexera.Broker.Connections.Impl.DefaultTenantActionsData.GetMultiTenancyStatus()
at System.Lazy`1.CreateValue()
at System.Lazy`1.LazyInitValue()
at ManageSoft.Activation.Executable.RunWizard()
at ManageSoft.Activation.Executable.Main(String[] args)

What I understand from the error message is that this has to do with the connection to the DB. I have not been able to find where the connection strings are stored and can be modified.

Hoping for some assistance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Activation fails - Connectionstring

Jump to solution

Alternatively, the "ConnectionString property has not been initialized" message may suggest that the Config.ps1 script has not yet (successfully) been executed to configure the FlexNet Manager Suite application server after installing the software.

Database connection string details (if configured) would appear in the registry in various entries under the key HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ManageSoft Corp\ManageSoft\Reporter\CurrentVersion\.

(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Flexera
Flexera

Jump to solution

@jhofstede - This usually means that the Account that is being used to launch the Activation Wizard does not have access to the FNMS Compliance Database.

You need to run the Activiation Wizard using the FlexNet Manager Service Account that you have created.

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Alternatively, the "ConnectionString property has not been initialized" message may suggest that the Config.ps1 script has not yet (successfully) been executed to configure the FlexNet Manager Suite application server after installing the software.

Database connection string details (if configured) would appear in the registry in various entries under the key HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ManageSoft Corp\ManageSoft\Reporter\CurrentVersion\.

(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)

View solution in original post