cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing Formating Tags through ITSM API

dbeckner
By Level 10 Champion
Level 10 Champion

Is it possible to pass formating values like <br/> into an ITSM field like "Details"?

I have been working with our Remedy team to format data we are passing from App Broker to Remedy but it is passing the plain text <br/> instead of translating to format changes.

(1) Solution

I don't know for sure, but that sounds to me more like a rendering setting on the Remedy side.  I think there are some fields in Remedy that can be configured to render HTML where others cannot.  Even in the fields where they can be rendered as HTML, you may have to change a setting to tell it to render as HTML.  Can you confirm if those tags are coming in as-is or if they are being encoded?  For example, is it coming through as </br> or as &lt;/br&gr; or as %3C%2Fbr%3E?  If it comes through as </br>, then it has to be a Remedy rendering issue.  If coming through as encoded, I'm not sure we can avoid/fix that.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

View solution in original post

(1) Reply

I don't know for sure, but that sounds to me more like a rendering setting on the Remedy side.  I think there are some fields in Remedy that can be configured to render HTML where others cannot.  Even in the fields where they can be rendered as HTML, you may have to change a setting to tell it to render as HTML.  Can you confirm if those tags are coming in as-is or if they are being encoded?  For example, is it coming through as </br> or as &lt;/br&gr; or as %3C%2Fbr%3E?  If it comes through as </br>, then it has to be a Remedy rendering issue.  If coming through as encoded, I'm not sure we can avoid/fix that.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".