cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device / User Sync - CM AND Intune?

We are planning out how we can move from co-managed to Only Intune managed for most of our workstations.   There will be a small group of workstations left behind and only CM managed for a while though.  

I am looking at all the places in App Portal where we use collections today (visibility rules and category security and approval workflows and. . .  ) and had a question about the Device and User syncs.   Is it possible to run 2 sync commands, one against CM and one against Intune, and let the data get merged?   

Do I need to request this capability on the Ideas page?  

And if anyone has done this already, where there other things you had to consider as well?  

Thanks!

(4) Replies
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Matt,
    There is no way to sync from both Intune and Config Mgr at the same time. I think that opening an 'idea" would would worth doing. About the only think that you might do at this time would be to temporarily change the setting "syncing computers" to intune, and then sync the intune computers  you could then change it back to ConfigMgr. Certainly a bit cumbersome, but I don't see any real issues in doing this. 

Another option would be to create your own sync scripts that stage data to custom tables in the database and then use a "custom sync" query in App Broker to merge the data from the two staging tables.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

Thanks @CharlesW !    We'll explore changing the sync configs (from CM to Intune and back to CM again) in an automated way.     We already  initiate syncs on a custom schedule so if we can change the sync type I think we can put something together.   

I have never too dug deep into the sync process - there would not be any issues if the process queried CM and got info about a set of machines, and then queried Intune and received info about a different set of devices?  

Please vote for this Idea if you think this will help you - 

Be able to sync devices from both Intune and ConfigMan | Ideas (aha.io)