cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Portal SCCM Current Branch 1902 Support

Hi, Can you please tell me which version, and when, App Portal will support SCCM Current Branch version 1902. Thanks Craig
(1) Solution

The most recent updates from the product team that  "

• App Portal will support all versions of current branch of configuration Manager. Any latest version released by Microsoft will work with App Portal. Even if the customer encounters any compatibility issues with latest version, we will definitely support them."

Hope it helps

Kevin

(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)

View solution in original post

(3) Replies
We have an existing enhancement question for App Portal team to confirm this already IOJ-1925395. You will be updated either here if someone can answer that before support team get such information . Cheers Kevin
(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)

The most recent updates from the product team that  "

• App Portal will support all versions of current branch of configuration Manager. Any latest version released by Microsoft will work with App Portal. Even if the customer encounters any compatibility issues with latest version, we will definitely support them."

Hope it helps

Kevin

As mentioned above, our Support/Engineering teams will support you if you find a breakage caused by a new version of ConfigMgr. However, App Portal's integration with ConfigMgr is at such a basic level that it's unlikely any new version of ConfigMgr will break our integration at the SDK level. Our Engineering team is constantly running test passes as they develop the product, and they will generally test on the latest publicly available release of ConfigMgr as they run through their test passes. While the "official" ConfigMgr version support would be updated in our documentation when we release a new version of App Portal, it's likely that it would have already been tested much earlier than that.

Keep in mind that the statements here are in reference to existing App Portal functionality working with new versions of ConfigMgr. Any new features that become available in a future release of ConfigMgr would be evaluated on a case by case basis to see if it would add sufficient value to the App Portal product and added to the product backlog for future development based on value/priority.
Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".