cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternate subtab with classification

I'm setting up classifications (we only have a handful of preferred items over non-preferred) and I've set up two items so far - one as preferred, one as non-preferred.  I set the Global classification and an alternate message.

When I go to the alternate subtab of the either the preferred or non-preferred item I don't see any alternates with a classification listed.  I must be missing another setting that would enable seeing items to choose as alternates but i don't know what that is. Anyone else have this issue and resolved it?

(1) Solution

Preferred Alternates SamplePreferred Alternates Sample

On your preferred catalog items, you need to set the "Allow switch to?" property under General > Global > Request Options.

Allow Switch ToAllow Switch To

Then go to any non-preferred catalog items where you would like to associate that preferred catalog item and open the General > Alternates tab.  All catalog items with the "Allow switch to?" flag enabled will appear in the left-hand list.  Select the ones you want and click Add.  The selected catalog items will move to the right-hand list and will now appear as alternates for the non-preferred catalog item.

Alternates TabAlternates Tab

When your users try to add a non-preferred catalog item to their cart, your customized dialog will be displayed, including the "Choose Alternate" button.

Non-Preferred Cart AlertNon-Preferred Cart Alert

If your users click the "Choose Alternate" button, they will see the list of items you added to the Alternates tab for that catalog item.

Alternate CatalogsAlternate Catalogs

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

View solution in original post

(2) Replies

Preferred Alternates SamplePreferred Alternates Sample

On your preferred catalog items, you need to set the "Allow switch to?" property under General > Global > Request Options.

Allow Switch ToAllow Switch To

Then go to any non-preferred catalog items where you would like to associate that preferred catalog item and open the General > Alternates tab.  All catalog items with the "Allow switch to?" flag enabled will appear in the left-hand list.  Select the ones you want and click Add.  The selected catalog items will move to the right-hand list and will now appear as alternates for the non-preferred catalog item.

Alternates TabAlternates Tab

When your users try to add a non-preferred catalog item to their cart, your customized dialog will be displayed, including the "Choose Alternate" button.

Non-Preferred Cart AlertNon-Preferred Cart Alert

If your users click the "Choose Alternate" button, they will see the list of items you added to the Alternates tab for that catalog item.

Alternate CatalogsAlternate Catalogs

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

Jim thank you!  I knew I must have been missing something simple.

Top Kudoed Authors