cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repackager Tool Licensing

Hi team,

We've just purchase a number of licenses for Installshield Professional 2019 for our organisation and we thought we'd get the Repackager (for capturing .exe files into .ism, .irp) with it.
The datasheet on the website isn't very clear with whether you get repackager with the different Installshield editions where as the Adminstudio one is actually quite detailed.

I do have a standalone install of Adminstudio 2018 Repackager from my previous organisation and it seems we can can also install Adminstudio 2019 trial and copy the repackage folder for use on a clean machine to capture.

My question are we allowed to use the Standalone Repackager or the folder copy from the trial version to capture installations.

I know the features work on the Repackager tool as I've done some trial runs, but it's a question of are we meant to or allowed to based on our Installshield license or are we breaching licensing agreements as we have not purchased Adminstudio Suite

(1) Solution
bkelly
By
Flexera Alumni

Repackager is exclusive to AdminStudio and is not provided as part of InstallShield. I will see about having this made more explicitly clear, but InstallShield does not currently document what is not included. Still, a comparison of what comes with AdminStudio versus InstallShield is a good idea. 

As you suspected, licensing does not permit you to use the copy of the Stand Alone Repackager purchased for your previous organization at your current organization. Copies from other customers, or trials may not be used to create production packages for your organization-- such is indeed a breach of the license agreement. 

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
bkelly
By
Flexera Alumni

Repackager is exclusive to AdminStudio and is not provided as part of InstallShield. I will see about having this made more explicitly clear, but InstallShield does not currently document what is not included. Still, a comparison of what comes with AdminStudio versus InstallShield is a good idea. 

As you suspected, licensing does not permit you to use the copy of the Stand Alone Repackager purchased for your previous organization at your current organization. Copies from other customers, or trials may not be used to create production packages for your organization-- such is indeed a breach of the license agreement.