cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio License Management

How can we monitor and track all installations and license consumption of AdminStudio Enterprise software across enterprise. We are looking at node-locked licenses.

(1) Solution

Hi @Pkumar628 -

AdminStudio license consumption can be found within the Flexera Product and License Center accessible via the Community.  Here, you can see which of your AdminStudio node-locked (single user & machine) licenses have been activated (consumed) and which ones have not and can be activated within your environment.

Due to privacy concerns, Flexera does not collect specific machine/user data from AdminStudio. As a result, Flexera does not have direct insight into where within your environment AdminStudio has been deployed or where activated licenses have been deployed specifically.

However, you can use  various inventory solutions available to find where AdminStudio has been deployed within your environment, including Flexera One IT Asset Management solution. You can look for the presence of AdminStudio.exe, where the AdminStudio has a default installation path starting under C:\Program Files (x86)\AdminStudio\<version> . In the Registry, you'll find related keys under HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\InstallShield\AdminStudio\<internal_version>

Hope this information is helpful.

Expert Flexeran on AdminStudio, Workflow Manager, and Software Vulnerability Manager / Research
If I've answered your question, please mark my response as "Accept as Solution" to help others find answers. Thanks!

View solution in original post

(2) Replies

Hi @Pkumar628 -

AdminStudio license consumption can be found within the Flexera Product and License Center accessible via the Community.  Here, you can see which of your AdminStudio node-locked (single user & machine) licenses have been activated (consumed) and which ones have not and can be activated within your environment.

Due to privacy concerns, Flexera does not collect specific machine/user data from AdminStudio. As a result, Flexera does not have direct insight into where within your environment AdminStudio has been deployed or where activated licenses have been deployed specifically.

However, you can use  various inventory solutions available to find where AdminStudio has been deployed within your environment, including Flexera One IT Asset Management solution. You can look for the presence of AdminStudio.exe, where the AdminStudio has a default installation path starting under C:\Program Files (x86)\AdminStudio\<version> . In the Registry, you'll find related keys under HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\InstallShield\AdminStudio\<internal_version>

Hope this information is helpful.

Expert Flexeran on AdminStudio, Workflow Manager, and Software Vulnerability Manager / Research
If I've answered your question, please mark my response as "Accept as Solution" to help others find answers. Thanks!

Thank you for the detailed explanation.