The November 2021 update of the Spider Software Services version 1.2111.2.1731 is now available.
All components are available in our Product and License Center.
Please note that if a version is updated before the August release (<1.2108.1), the Recognition module and also all Spider Data Collector endpoints must be updated.
- A critical error when importing inventory data that led to the import process being aborted has been resolved. (The MERGE statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "FK_LastLoggedOnUserLog_Device".) This error was reported by some customers last month. For a better error analysis, additional data is written in a separate table.
- Columbus / Spider Inventory could not recognize any editions for the SQL Server version 2019. The detection has been added. The program library required for this is automatically updated by the inventory agent, when "Auto Update" is activated. With the one time scanner, the AddOn.dll must be provided in the same directory as the scanner.
- When importing cloud subscriptions from the Adobe Portal, the import could still abort with the following error message: "adobe2.PortalMerge_User failed: cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'dbo.PortalUser'". A previous correction was not sufficient. This has now been resolved.
The new Oracle GLAS files (formerly LMS files) were not processed when the Oracle data was imported from the Datacenter Appliance. This resulted in no GLAS (LMS) data being offered for download in the Spider UI. This has been fixed. Oracle GLAS files can now be processed.
- In the event of problems with the vCenter connector, e.g. if no data could be read, the analysis was only possible via the connector. The new VCenter Diagnostic Tool has been developed for these cases. It is now available and can be used in a supporting manner.
Important Catalog Changes
- Docker Desktop added as recognized software product
- New recognition rules for Docker
- Further LMP-Definitions for VM Virtual Box
- Microsoft LTSC versions
- Updated recognition rules for Oracle Java, Altova products, Corel products and Microsoft Office
The Recognition Catalog contains normalization and recognition capabilities for more than
- 2.863.700 inventoried programs,
- 111.500 software publishers, and
- 6.577.000 inventoried files.
For more details please check the change notes.
Software and SKU Catalog
The Software Catalog contains more than 1.078.300 relevant and normalized articles (SKUs) of software licenses and maintenances and more than 67.500 license-relevant product versions.
Summary of the supplemented catalog items:
- Articles (SKUs): 41.098
- Versions: 165
Spider Data Collector
The Spider Data Collector (SDC) provides a set of connectors to 3rd party inventory for an out-of-the-box collection of computers, software, users, virtualization, and many more.
Please check the Spider Data Collector User Manual for a full reference of all connectors.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.