Spider 6.4.3 update is available
Release Date: 2020-02-13
A new update has been released for Spider. Please see the included improvements and corrections below.
To be notified of these kinds of product updates, please ensure that you have subscribed to the Spider Release blog.
Spider now provides an easy way to operate SAM with a focus on certain manufacturers. Not every manufacturer is relevant for every customer within their SAM. Spider introduces four priority indicators (A to D) that can be set as SAM priority for each manufacturer. An application-wide global filter only allows filtering according to the selected SAM priorities. As a result, Spider only displays data from these manufacturers, e.g. the applications, installations, compliance, etc. This allows you to focus on specific SAM priorities and hide the rest of the data from other vendors. This is a proven concept, which is already known under various names. One dimension of this concept could be the level of SAM maturity for a particular manufacturer. Another dimension could be the risk associated with a particular provider.
The freeware classification from the product catalog is automatically adopted on the product. The field freeware therefore no longer needs to be set manually and is a protected field. There is no compliance calculation for freeware products.
- A new configurable service task makes it possible to update business objects (e.g. assets, licenses, maintenance, contracts) based on the results of a database view.
- For the asset type "Mobile device", the IMEI and telephone number of the devices supplied by the InTune Connect-or are now also displayed.
- The details page for cloud subscriptions has been revised and more data is displayed.
- Another calculation rule for the end of software assurance for Microsoft Select Plus contracts has been added. This calculation rule applies to volume license contracts.
- A new report for Windows 10 installations has been added, which shows the normalized Windows 10 versions and links to the respective asset. This function requires recognition version 1.1911.1 or higher.
Oracle Database Services
- The page for displaying the Oracle license scopes has been revised and more data is displayed. If there is a version change from Standard to Enterprise, an explanation is now displayed.
- The view page of an Oracle database has been completely revised. More data was added about the inventoried database instance as well as about the system on which the Oracle database instance runs.
- In the Oracle dashboard, it is now possible to download the server worksheet (as an Excel file) and the LMS raw da-ta (as a tar.gz file). This function requires recognition version 1.1911.1 or higher.
- A new calculation rule updates the anniversary field for volume license contracts. If the anniversary is exceeded but the end date has not yet been reached, the field is recalculated. The new value is the old anniversary plus 12 months unless the end date is earlier. If the anniversary is empty, then it will be filled with the start date plus 12 months, provided that the calculated date is before the end date or no end date is specified.
- Due to an error, it was possible to start long-running search queries several times, which led to inconsistent behavior of the result display.
- Due to an error, it was possible to create several filters for the same attribute or parameter field in object searches. This is now prevented. If search settings with several filters for the same column are available on existing systems, these are initially displayed and applied.
- Due to an error in the object search, filters on type parameters were not discarded if the limitation to the types was discarded. As a result, an error occurred.
- The details page for cloud subscriptions has been revised due to some errors. Among other things, no results were displayed for subscriptions with many user assignments. Instead, an error message was displayed.
- A product could not be assigned to software if the product name contained certain special characters.
License Metric Procedures (LMP)
- The report "Definitions for license metric procedures" has been revised. The "Type" column did not return the correct results.
- A calculation error for Windows Server Core licenses on server systems with one CPU and more than 8 cores has been corrected in the license metric procedure.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.