cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alex_bond
Level 3

unable to install InstallShield2021R2StandaloneBuild with license server

I am trying to install SAB with license server, installation runs fine, test server dialog confirms license server, but when i run the build, it gives error 

ISDEV : fatal error -7159: The product license has expired or has not yet been initialized.

I tried

1. installed sab by double click;  installed onto the same machine where IS 2021R2 already installed and uses license server - \2021 SAB\ folder with content created, but build fails (build with IS 2021R2 runs fine)

build: 

set builder=C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2021 SAB\System\IsCmdBld.exe
"%builder%" -p "Agent-prod.ism"

2. uninstalled SAB, run silent installation on the same machine where IS 2021R2 installed

InstallShield2021R2StandaloneBuild.exe /s /v"LICENSETYPE=2 SERVERNAME=123.34.14.29 /qn"

same result \2021 SAB\ folder with content created, but build fails with ISDEV : fatal error -7159: The product license has expired or has not yet been initialized.

3. installed SAB using silent command prompt and using double click on exe on the VM which does not have IS, run build, it fails.

we are using our license server for IS installed in few machines without issues, but SAB installation does not work. we did not have any issues with SAB 2020, but i think it did not use license server, now after upgrade to IS 2021 Premier (v 27) project files changed and we have to use SAB 2021...

any info appreciated

thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
varul
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

You need to pass the license server ip and port details, Use below command and try again.

InstallShield2021R2StandaloneBuild.exe /S /v/qn /VSERVERNAME=<IPADDRESS OR LICENSE_SERVER_NAME> /VPORTNUMBER=<LICENSE_SERVER_PORT> /VLICENSETYPE=2 /VADDLOCAL=ALL

0 Kudos

thanks, i tried with and without port option. it looks like we need SAB license and license to IS2021 is irrelevant... i am curious though why when running SAB installation with UI and providing license server details it verified license server IP successfully, accepted it, and finished installation?

0 Kudos
varul
Revenera Moderator

Hi @alex_bond : is that command working or not?

since we are installing the setup.exe in silent mode all the validation dialogs and the action added on clicking next button or validate button in UI will be skipped, as we know in silent installation UI sequence action wont run and its a expected behavior thats the reason in silent installation we are not seeing any error.

0 Kudos

i think you did not understand my issue - installation of SAB is "not licensed" although it points to correct license server/port. i described above silent installation of this SAB with provided license server and with/without port

0 Kudos
varul
Revenera Moderator

Running an setup with below command worked for most of our customers,

InstallShield2021R2StandaloneBuild.exe /S /v/qn /VSERVERNAME=<IPADDRESS OR LICENSE_SERVER_NAME> /VPORTNUMBER=<LICENSE_SERVER_PORT> /VLICENSETYPE=2 /VADDLOCAL=ALL

Make sure you have SAB license available for IS2021R2 SAB in our license server, you can check in license server portal.

If you have SAB license available in portal for IS2021 and still if you are facing this issue, then  we suggest you to raise a case with support by email at support@revenera.com

Or by dialing the support number available in below link

https://community.flexera.com/t5/Support-Information/Support-Contacts/ta-p/94720 

0 Kudos