cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrvisvec
Level 2

Using IS2022 in VS2022 IDE

Hello

I'm upgrading from Visual Studio 2015 to VS2022, and at the same time upgrading from ISLE to IS2022R1. The ISLE installations are currently .isl and .isproj files and are not recognised by VS2022. They are shown as (incompatible) in the Solution Explorer. How do I access and edit these installation projects within the Visual Studio 2022 IDE?

0 Kudos
(3) Replies
tomdavey3
Level 2

I'm stuck. As of January 10, 2023, the latest Visual Studio 17.4.4 reports that InstallShield 2022 R2 is still "incompatible". I've been waiting months and months. Pretty frustrating.

varul
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @tomdavey3 :

Its a known issue in IS2022,  and we have already reported to Visual Studio team, they have accepted this as an issue in their release. waiting for the fix version from them.

We have Published KB article regarding the same issue, you can refer below link for details.

https://community.flexera.com/t5/InstallShield-Knowledge-Base/Issue-with-InstallShield-2022-integration-with-Visual-Studio/ta-p/258068

0 Kudos
varul
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @tomdavey3 

In latest VS2022 version 17.4.4 we are able to create and build the project without any issues,

https://community.flexera.com/t5/InstallShield-Knowledge-Base/Issue-with-InstallShield-2022-integration-with-Visual-Studio/tac-p/262304#M1552

If you trying to open isl project directly in VS2022 which is not supported 

First open your isl file directly in IS2022 IDE version(not visual studio integrated) and your old isl file will be upgraded to ism, and you can check the configuration in your ism file

Then you can create a new project in visual studio and do the same configuration in new project as well.

If you are facing any issues in configuration, Please raise a new support case.

Please navigate to Get Support > Open New Case in the top menu and open a new case to track this issue if you would like to proceed with having this issue addressed? That will allow us to best track this issue in order to best assist you.

0 Kudos