cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Janakiram
Level 4

TWO INSTALLER ENTRIES SHOWED UP IN THE ADD/REMOVE PROGRAM WHEN UPGRADE

Hi Team,

I am installing the EXE in GUI mode. Then when try to upgrade it in silent mode it shows 2 entries in add/remove program. This is happening in 32 bit only. 64bit always works fine.

If i install in GUI and upgrade in GUI it shows only latest entry in add/remove programs. Same is the case when i do install and upgrade both in silent mode.

can someone please help.

Reagrds

Janakiram

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
varul
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

HI @Janakiram,

Please refer below KB link which explains the reason for 2 entries in ARP and solution to fix it. Please try and let us know it works for you or not. 

https://community.flexera.com/t5/InstallShield-Knowledge-Base/Major-upgrade-leaves-old-entry-in-Add-Remove-Programs/ta-p/225844/jump-to/first-unread-message

0 Kudos

Hi Varul, I have the major upgrade settings correct. Here the issue is  different.

Working scenario: I install 20.100 in GUI mode and upgrade to 20.200 in GUI mode it works. I see only one latest entry in Add remove programs.

Non Working Scenario : I install 20.100 in GUI mode and upgrade to 20.200 in Silent mode then i see 2 entries in Add remove programs.

0 Kudos