cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thananjeyan_M
Level 6

Suite Exit Condition not working in Maintenance mode

I'm unable to validate my exit condition during upgrade process.
We already released suite version 1.0.0 with exit condition and now we added few more exit conditions for 2.0.0 version.
The newly added exit condition is not working in Maintenance mode.
It is directly showing MaintenanceWelcome dialog.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Thananjeyan 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
(9) Replies
lorwarrior
Level 3

I found out the same issue. Any idea?

0 Kudos
varul
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Its a known issue and its already fixed in our latest IS2021R2 release, you can check that with master issue number IOJ in release notes : IOJ-2222873

https://docs.revenera.com/installshield27helplib/rn/Content/helplibrary/InstallShield_2021_R2_1.htm#isreleasenotes_3104246582_1250207

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns. Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

0 Kudos
lorwarrior
Level 3

The description of the issue (IOJ-2222873) describes the following:

When Exit Condition was added on Windows 10 and Windows server 2019 for Suite project, the setup hung and the exit message was not displayed. This issue has been fixed.

The issue I observed is, that the exit conditions are not executed when the condition to exit is met and the package enters in maintenance mode. Can you please confirm if this behavior is fixed with the latest IS2021R2 release?

0 Kudos
varul
Revenera Moderator

What version of installshield are you using?

In maintenance mode what condition you are adding, could you please provide a sample issutie  project file or steps to replicate the issue. so that we can confirm the behavior is fixed in latest version or not.

0 Kudos
lorwarrior
Level 3

I am using IS2020 R3 SP1.

I created a suite advanced project that is capable to upgrade. I created some exit conditions to detect msi packages installed in the target system and exit if those are found. 

The installation is aborting when the conditions are met in the system and the installer is launched in first-time install mode.

When the installer is launched in maintenance mode, the installation is not aborting and shows the maintenance mode window instead of the exit condition message.

0 Kudos
varul
Revenera Moderator

What upgrade you are creating minor or major upgrade? if its an upgrade did you change the product version in the msi or exe package you have added.

After adding new package to suite, did you change the Suite GUID and Suite version?

0 Kudos
lorwarrior
Level 3

I am referring to a Suite Advance package (exe). I am not changing the Suite GUID and I am changing the version. 

0 Kudos
varul
Revenera Moderator

After installing Suite version1 with exe version1

Now on upgrade of exe package the version is changed or not(its minor or major upgrade) Please confirm?

0 Kudos
lorwarrior
Level 3

The version is not changed that way the installer enters in maintenance mode. 

I am referring to a suite advanced (.issuite) package, how do I know if I am doing a major/minor upgrade? I was under the impression that those types of upgrades can be configured in a MSI (.ism) project.

0 Kudos