cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ramueedupalli
Level 3

PROGMSG_IIS_ROLLBACKWEBSERVICEEXTENSIONS = Rolling back web service extensions

We have converted our installer project from IS 2016 to 2018. After that when I try run the installer I am getting below errors.

Property(S): PROGMSG_IIS_CREATEAPPPOOL = Creating application pool %s
Property(S): PROGMSG_IIS_CREATEAPPPOOLS = Creating application Pools...
Property(S): PROGMSG_IIS_CREATEVROOT = Creating IIS virtual directory %s
Property(S): PROGMSG_IIS_CREATEVROOTS = Creating IIS virtual directories...
Property(S): PROGMSG_IIS_CREATEWEBSERVICEEXTENSION = Creating web service extension
Property(S): PROGMSG_IIS_CREATEWEBSERVICEEXTENSIONS = Creating web service extensions...
Property(S): PROGMSG_IIS_EXTRACT = Extracting information for IIS virtual directories...
Property(S): PROGMSG_IIS_EXTRACTDONE = Extracted information for IIS virtual directories...
Property(S): PROGMSG_IIS_EXTRACTDONEz = Extracted information for IIS virtual directories...
Property(S): PROGMSG_IIS_EXTRACTzDONE = Extracted information for IIS virtual directories...
Property(S): PROGMSG_IIS_REMOVEAPPPOOL = Removing application pool
Property(S): PROGMSG_IIS_REMOVEAPPPOOLS = Removing application pools...
Property(S): PROGMSG_IIS_REMOVESITE = Removing web site at port %d
Property(S): PROGMSG_IIS_REMOVEVROOT = Removing IIS virtual directory %s
Property(S): PROGMSG_IIS_REMOVEVROOTS = Removing IIS virtual directories...
Property(S): PROGMSG_IIS_REMOVEWEBSERVICEEXTENSION = Removing web service extension
Property(S): PROGMSG_IIS_REMOVEWEBSERVICEEXTENSIONS = Removing web service extensions...
Property(S): PROGMSG_IIS_ROLLBACKAPPPOOLS = Rolling back application pools...
Property(S): PROGMSG_IIS_ROLLBACKVROOTS = Rolling back virtual directory and web site changes...
Property(S): PROGMSG_IIS_ROLLBACKWEBSERVICEEXTENSIONS = Rolling back web service extensions...

complete log file attached. After going through the previous tickets on the same topic I could see that having read only attribute for web.config could be an issue. But in my project web.config has full permissions.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
shunt
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

What you are listing are not necessarily errors, they are the Property dump at the end of the installation which lists all the values of all the Properties within the installer.
Just because a property has a string value of " Rolling back web service extensions" does not mean that the installation will rollback. It is just a Property value that is used "if" that does actually occur.

The end of your log file shows: 
MSI (c) (50:90) [12:06:03:579]: Note: 1: 1728
MSI (c) (50:90) [12:06:03:579]: Product: MySampleVRS -- Configuration completed successfully.

This tells us that the installation completed successfully without any issues, and searching your log for a "Return Value 3" (which is a failure) is not returning any problems.

Does your installation fail to install the necessary files? If so what behaviour do you actually see?

0 Kudos

I have added a webservice extension and a virtual directory in installer server configuration. I am trying to install it on Windows 2019 server which has IIS 10 installed. 

When I run the installer with IIS6 compatibility setting enabled it is working fine and virtual directory is getting created in IIS where as if I run the installer with IIS 6 compatibility setting disabled, installer is rolling back and nothing is showing in IIS.

0 Kudos