cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kamsani1002
Level 4

How to skip the upgrade logic during driver upgrade

Hi All,

I have created a driver installer for my device (Driver contains .inf, .sys, .cat and other .bin files). And installed it successfully. Now I want to upgrade the driver (Latest version of .inf file version is less than the previous .inf file, but its time stamp is latest). OS first checks the .inf time stamp and then .inf version. If time stamp is latest .inf file though .inf version is older, OS allows the installation, but we don't have a time stamp check in installer.

Here is an issue, and I need some help on this.

I installed driver with 1.2.3.4 version, but now I would like to install the driver with 1.2.0.4(But this .inf has the latest time stamp). Installer is not allowing me to do so, throwing error like, A later version is already installer and click Ok to exit the installation.

Please let me know, how to handle this scenario.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
varul
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @kamsani1002 :

If you want to install your older version device drive package, then you need to completely uninstall the older version and then install the new version with 1.2.0.4(meaning in version 1.2.0.4 you need to create a major upgrade entry that should uninstall the higher version 1.2.3.4)

How to configure major upgrade:

https://community.flexera.com/t5/InstallShield-Knowledge-Base/How-to-Configure-a-Major-Upgrade/ta-p/193052

You need to set the version range in major upgrade as well as in prevent downgrade set the version range to any earlier version range, so that it will uninstall 1.2.3.4 and install 1.2.0.4 (Refer screenshot attached)

0 Kudos