cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abhSrbh
Level 2

How do I update the .NET Interop DLL in GAC_64 location?

Hello everyone, I am using InstallShield 2012 for installing our product. Recently we made a change to one of the .NET DLL which requires it to be updated on installing the new version of our product. We are not deleting this particular DLL during uninstall and hence facing the issue during installation as its not getting overwritten. Can anyone please let us know how do I overwrite this file, where can I find path for the 'GlobalAssemblyCache' in InstallShield. I have selected 'Always Overwrite' option in Files and Folders menu but still it doesnot seem to work. Version incrementing also we tried but its not working either. Please guide me. Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Revenera_Ian
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @abhSrbh,

Thank you for your post.

InstallShield 2012 has reached its end-of-life so InstallShield 2012 is no longer supported. Please contact us via the Contact Us Form at the following link to upgrade to InstallShield 2021, which is the latest supported InstallShield version:

https://www.revenera.com/about-us/contact-us

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. Thanks!

0 Kudos

Hi Ian, yes we are planning for an upgrade as IS 2012 licensing activation would stop very soon, but for this release we need this to be working. Can you pls help. Thanks.

0 Kudos