cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobmcm461
Level 6

Error Reading Setup Initialization File

I have a strange problem. I am using an InstallscriptMSI package. If I copy it to the Virtual Machine or run it off of a network share, everything runs correctly. If I burn it to a CD, capture the CD on the virtual machine, and try and run the installation, I get an error "Error Reading Setup Initialization File". I've tried reburning the CD, rebuilding the project with and without the inlcude Microsoft Installer set. If I map the same CD-ROM drive to a network share, and run the installation, it runs correctly. I've looked at the knowledge base on this error, and have tried the solution described there, but I still recieve the error. What does this error mean? Any ideas why this error would occur only on a burned CD.

Any Suggestions would be appreciated,
Robert McMahan
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
bobmcm461
Level 6

Additonal Information:

The only difference between a working and the non working installations seems to be where it decompresses the installation information. On the working installations, it decompresses the setup.ini into the users temp directory, on the non working installation, it tries to do this to the CD. Is there a way to configure where the temp information is decompressed.

Thanks,
Robert McMahan
0 Kudos
Sattibabu
Level 3

Hi Team,

I have upgraded to IS2023R2 and getting the error.
Can you please suggest how we can resolve it.

Thanks
Sattibabu
0 Kudos