cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nick_brown
Level 3

Error : -6100: Internal build error

InstallShield 2022 R2 wouldn't build our largest VS2022 solutions after putting them off until it integrated with VS2022 fully. I was then faced with the above, which after checking everything was correctly installed I found was the .isproj file which had it's 2022 import correctly updated, but had put our projects references in again and again every time I had visited the code. 

Migrating to VS2022 build tools and InstallShield 2022 R2 is a big enough step, but I would expect not to have to backoff changes to the .isproj file every time I need to visit the build definitions. It must be possible to check that those definitions weren't already there.

The error also doesn't help too much. 

##[error]C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\InstallShield\2022\InstallShield.targets(93,3): Error : -6100: Internal build error

This board wouldn't accept 2022 R2 as a label

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
varul
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @nick_brown,

What is your installshield project type(BMSI or installscript MSI or Installscript)?

You mean the files are missing in the ism file, and you need to add it again and again, Could you please explain this in detail with steps to reproduce.

Please confirm, Are you able to see the same behavior if you create a sample test project in VS2022 and IS2022R2?

0 Kudos

The projects are InstallScript MSI, in the previous releases it would always check out the projectname.isproj file from source when you changed the projectname.ism but it would only alter the contents when you were updating the IS release, therefore when it actually needed to change it, but now it's inserting about 110 lines which are already there after the Import Project...

<Import Project="C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\InstallShield\2022\InstallShield.targets"/>
<ItemGroup>
<ProjectReference Include="..\Key_3rdParty\Key_3rdParty.vbproj">
<Name>Key_3rdParty</Name>
<Project>{67FF1AB8-2D76-4765-97DE-E835C72BA9DE}</Project>
</ProjectReference> and loads more.....

I also found the dynamic filters were different and debug info started being passed through from VS2022 build tools when you are producing a 'Release' which needed to be suppressed but that is another story.

I was also only seeing/trapping the -6100 in the pipeline and not when running the build from the VS2022 desktop. It was still failing as the msi was not becoming a setup.exe but that was not being reported back to my GUI.

0 Kudos
varul
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @nick_brown,

Thank you for your update.

We'll need a support ticket (case) to investigate and track this issue. Could you please open a case with our Support Team, about this issue, by email at support@revenera.com or by phone at (877) 279-2853?

We can also raise a case through community portal by navigate to Get Support > Open New Case in the top menu and open a new case to track this issue.

Make sure you share the project build log and screenshot to understand the issue, if possible please share the project file as well. 

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. Thanks!

0 Kudos

done

0 Kudos