cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MattQVI
Level 8

Error 1152 when running setup.exe

InstallShield 2019 R1 project.

Running my setup.exe for the customer application.  After finishing the prereqs, I am met with an error message:  "1152: Error extracting QVM3 Install.msi to the temporary location".  Even the log file has not been created yet so I don't know why I am getting the error.

I have Administrator privileges for my account so I am at a loss for what is going on.

Other posts for this 1152 error seem unresolved.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(7) Replies
varul
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @MattQVI ,

Are you facing this issue in all machine or any specific machine? if you havent tested please test in different machine and check it works in new machine or not.

Are you a admin user in your machine? If not an admin user try to run the setup.exe run as administrator and check it works or not.

0 Kudos

Originally, it was only one machine but now I have been able to recreate on mine as well.

I am an admin user on my machine.  The setup.exe is set up to run as Administrator but I did try right-clicking and selecting that as well.  Got the same error message.

Could there be anything in the registry that needs to be cleaned up?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
varul
Revenera Moderator

Are you facing this issue with any setup.exe or only this specific installer, meaning if you create a test project and if you are trying to install it, is it working? or still it fails with same error. (so that we can decide its a issue with specific installer or any installer created with IS2019 has a issue)

Is your installer digitally signed?

Please check in your machine with that user are you able to access temp location or not, by press win+r and type %temp%,

Because usually installshield created setup.exe will extract all it files to secured temp location with random guid and from there it will execute the installation, 

So please check the user is able to access temp using Win+R and %temp% if the temp is not accessible then it might a temp access issue, 

If the temp is accessible please check the folder created with latest time and check inside the folder files are extracted and available.

Please refer screenshot for reference.

0 Kudos

I have not been able to try other setup.exe from applications other than the one the user is trying to install.  Their laptop is currently being looked at by our IT department.  When they get it back, I will have them try other installs.

Yes, the installer is digitally signed.

On my machine, I did what you said for Windows+R and typed %temp%.  It displayed C:\Users\mta\AppData\Local\Temp in a Windows Explorer window.  When the user gets their laptop back, I will have them do this same test.

When I run the setup.exe that has the problem, C:\Users\mta\AppData\Local\Temp\{897042A3-BBAC-408A-B74B-2A9C6DDDB30F} is created and I see the prerequisites, setup.exe and setup.ini as well as QVM3Install.msi.  What I do not see is the QVM3Install.msi in the LocalCache folder (C:\ProgramData\Quality Vision International\Installs\LocalCache\QVM3) that is supposed to be used.  I do have permissions to the folder though.

0 Kudos
varul
Revenera Moderator

Please check the temp in both admin user and your local admin permission user as well, if the files are copied to admin user account, then because of permission issue as well we may face issues like this, 

Try to check your UAC setting and set it to notify option(If its already set it to notify/please change it never notify option and check once)  check with this setting you are able to install successfully or not.

0 Kudos

My UAC is set to be the same as yours (the default setting).  After I changed it to None and ran setup.exe, I got the same error.

I tried to check the Temp folder for other accounts but there don't seem to be any or I am not given access.

0 Kudos
varul
Revenera Moderator

Try to do run as administrator and check if not tested with runas administrator option.

Try to create a test user in the machine and try installation, to make sure its an issue with specific user or machine

I have attached a test project created with IS2023 and digitally signed as well, please install the sample and check it works or not.

0 Kudos