cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gkriggs
Level 6

Don't want to install system library files in my application folder

Hello,

I'm trying to create an install package for a .NET 3.5 application. InstallShield is pulling in and installing the system files from the .NET 3.5 framework (e.g. System.Core.dll, System.Runtime.Serialization.dll, System.Xml.Linq.dll, etc.) and putting them in my destination directory. In the build output I see a bunch of lines "Adding file '...' that is a dependency of component '...'") Is there any way to tell InstallShield not to do that?

Thanks,
Greg
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

You can add these files to \Support\Filters.xml - see http://kb.acresso.com/doc/Helpnet/installshield15helplib/IHelpISXScannerFilterINIFormat.htm for more details.
0 Kudos
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

As an aside, I can't reproduce this problem on IS2009. However, if I could, I suspect just setting .NET Scan at Build to "Properties Only" would solve the problem. Personally I dislike automated dependency scanners....
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

That's expected - we updated the default list for IS2009. So that's an alternate answer - evaluate IS2009 and copy the updated Filters.xml, or otherwise get your hands on it.
0 Kudos
gkriggs
Level 6

Thanks, that worked; I just needed to make sure to make the filenames all lowercase.
- Greg
0 Kudos