cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FunkyDexter
Level 4

Custom Action After Com Registration to run exe in [InstallDir]

Jump to solution

I'm trying to create a custom action after com registration to run an exe that will have been installed in a known sub folder of the InstallDir.  I've set the Source Location to "Installed With the Product" and I'm trying to browse to the file but [InstallDir] doesn't seem to be available.

The set of folders available seems to be inherited from the predefined folders selected in the Files node but there doesn't seem to be a way of adding the InstallDir (which is, I think, autogenerated at the time of install)

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Solution
Revenera_Ian
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @FunkyDexter,

Thank you for your post.

With InstallShield 2019 Express Edition, I added an EXE custom action. However, I do not see an 'Installed With the Product' option. I only see "Browse File System" and "File Exists on Target Computer" as the available options for the Source Location. You wouldn't want to select "Browse File System", because you're not looking for the file on the build machine. You would want to select "File Exists on Target Computer," and that will allow you to select [INSTALLDIR] and go from there. Please give this a try. Does this work for you?

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Revenera_Ian
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @FunkyDexter,

Thank you for your post.

With InstallShield 2019 Express Edition, I added an EXE custom action. However, I do not see an 'Installed With the Product' option. I only see "Browse File System" and "File Exists on Target Computer" as the available options for the Source Location. You wouldn't want to select "Browse File System", because you're not looking for the file on the build machine. You would want to select "File Exists on Target Computer," and that will allow you to select [INSTALLDIR] and go from there. Please give this a try. Does this work for you?

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. Thanks!

0 Kudos

Yeah, that's worked.  Thanks.

0 Kudos

This is good news.  I'm happy to hear that worked, @FunkyDexter.  You're welcome; we're happy to help.

0 Kudos