cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output InstallAnywhere Variables

Output InstallAnywhere Variables

Summary

This article gives information about how to retrieve all the InstallAnywhere variables and corresponding values that were set during installation.

Synopsis

This article gives information about how to retrieve all the InstallAnywhere variables and corresponding values that were set during installation.

Discussion

While debugging an InstallAnywhere installer, sometimes it is useful to know the InstallAnywhere variables that were set during runtime. To get this information, you can use the Output Debug Information Action. Once you've added the Output Debug Information Action, select InstallAnywhere Variables in the Select data to be output box, check the Output to a file checkbox, and specify the path to a text file. During installation, once this action executes, all the InstallAnywhere Variables that are set up to this point should be captured in the text file that you specified. Remember to remove this action prior to a release build.
Also, if you are using InstallAnywhere 6 or higher and you have included an uninstaller, then you should be able to simply install the product and look in the directory containing your uninstaller for the installvariables.properties file. This clear-text file should contain a list of some of the variables in your installer and their values at end of installation.
Was this article helpful? Yes No
No ratings
Comments

Hello there. The above information is very useful. But I see that this installvariable.properties file is not being updated after I add a new feature using the Add Features option in maintenance mode.

Let's say I installed a service called SERVICE-A initially. installvariable.properties is created and the value for  CHOSEN_INSTALL_FEATURE_LIST is set to service_a. Then After that I Installed a service called SERVICE-B using the add features option in maintenance mode. But the value for  CHOSEN_INSTALL_FEATURE_LIST is still the same. its not updating. In the Pre-Uninstall Sequence when I use this variable as a condition to delete my services, the services that were created initially are being deleted but the services which were created using add features are not being deleted. 

Version history
Last update:
‎Nov 07, 2007 06:35 PM
Updated by: