cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlanHeath
Level 3

installer was created with an unlicensed version of install anywhere

Jump to solution

I am getting license error "The installer was created with an unlicensed version of install anywhere".

I have made several changes recently and am not sure how to solve the issue.

Changes

A.    Our build machine has changed.
B.    I have switched from installanywhere 2018 to 2020

I have a developer license and a build license for version 2021.

I returned the two old licenses and generated two new license based on the same hostid.
I did build.exe -registerNodeLocked xxxxxxx.lic

Now  Installanywhere.exe works fine and has no errors and I used this to upgrade my old project.
The build.exe runs fine and builds installers for various operating systems, there are no errors during the build process.

But when I test an installer I get "The installer was created with an unlicensed version of install anywhere" error message.  If I ignore the error message the installer works fine.

So if I want to run Installanywhere.exe and build.exe on the same machine do I need two licenses?
If the above is true how do I register the two license?

Is there a command I can run to test that the licenses are registered ok without doing a build?

0 Kudos
(1) Solution
AlanHeath
Level 3

Issue is now resolved with the help of a support request.
The thing I did not appreciate is that each version of Install Anywhere has its own license and I could not use a node fixed 2021 license on a 2000 version of Install Anywhere.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(1) Reply
AlanHeath
Level 3

Issue is now resolved with the help of a support request.
The thing I did not appreciate is that each version of Install Anywhere has its own license and I could not use a node fixed 2021 license on a 2000 version of Install Anywhere.

0 Kudos