- Revenera Community
- InstallAnywhere Forum
- How to handle different jre in silent mode installation
- Mark Topic as New
- Mark Topic as Read
- Float this Topic for Current User
- Printer Friendly Page
How to handle different jre in silent mode installation
We create an installer A with bundled JVM (java 1.8) and then create another installer B with bundled JVM (java 11).
When we install A and then install B with silent mode.
A is not working. Uninstall A and appear " Error: Could not create Java Virtual Machine.", "Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit".
1. How to solve silent mode installation in different jre?
2. May I add an action or custom code to exit the installer when we detect different jre in Pre-Install stage in silent mode?
3. May I handle whether to copy jre in Install stage?
If you are using InstallAnywhere 2020 SP2 or later versions,
Enable the checkbox "Advanced JRE handling for Version Upgrades" available in InstallAnywhere Designer->Project->JVM Settings->Installer Settings, before building/creating the installer. This will solve the issue with different JRE. Please find the screen shot attached. Hope this helps.
Hi Vineetha, does this option help me out in this situation -
I have multiple Java versions set in my PATH (Java 8, Java 11, Java 17 in same order) . I want to run an installer on this machine but want to ensure it uses Java 8 to launch & perform the installation.