cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't log into RISC Networks - need password

Hi,

Was told my Vendor set me up with an account on RISC Networks, but unable to get a valid email to reset my password so I can get access.  Clicking on the link to Rest my password always gives me msg: Invalid URL. Unable to reset password.

How do we resolve?  Thanks

Greg

(2) Solutions
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I believe the password URL of the password reset page is https://portal.riscnetworks.com/forgot-password.php. Is your browser giving you an "Invalid URL" message when you to that URL? Or are you going somewhere else?

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

Ahh, got it. I assume you are sure that you do have a RISC user account created under the email address you are entering on the password reset page when request. (I wonder if this error could indicate that there is no user account registered under that email address.)

On that assumption, this is probably something that will require attention from Flexera. I would suggest raising a case with Flexera Support to let the team know using the Support > Open New Case menu option on this community site.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(9) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I believe the password URL of the password reset page is https://portal.riscnetworks.com/forgot-password.php. Is your browser giving you an "Invalid URL" message when you to that URL? Or are you going somewhere else?

Hi, 

I am facing the same issue. I cannot reset the password as it says invalid URL. I have tried a different browser to make sure its not a browser caching issue. I have also tried a different laptop altogether to see if its a laptop security issue. But I get the same URL.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Best,

S

What is the URL that is giving you the "invalid URL" message, and what page are you clicking on to get there? Is the URL you are getting the error from different to the URL that I posted previously?

The URL is as follows:

https://portal.riscnetworks.com/new-password.php?uid=firstname.lastname@domain.com&pass=didonvmeoer8829893

This is not the actual URL (I have shown the construct of the URL here)

Where did you get that URL from? It looks like that is indeed a bad URL, so the question may be to work out what is sending you there.

Does the URL I posted earlier for doing a password reset work for you?

The URL is the next step to the URL you provided. When using your URL - it provides a link to key in the email address to reset the password. That in turn sends an email to my inbox and there is a link to reset the password. This is all how it should work in my mind. However, when I click the link on that email to reset the password, the page just expires. There is certainly something broken on your system which does not allow anyone to use self-service to reset passwords.

Attaching a screen print of what I am seeing on the browser. It looks like the reset URL is an internal URL and cannot be accessed externally. 

Ahh, got it. I assume you are sure that you do have a RISC user account created under the email address you are entering on the password reset page when request. (I wonder if this error could indicate that there is no user account registered under that email address.)

On that assumption, this is probably something that will require attention from Flexera. I would suggest raising a case with Flexera Support to let the team know using the Support > Open New Case menu option on this community site.

ChrisG,

Just a reminder, my issue is resolved.  Thanks for the help.  

gt-sea