cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a SoapIU tool and this document, has anyone been able to send tests json to Technopedia?

docs.flexera.com/FlexeraOne/EN/WhatsNew/FeatureList/TechnopediaAPI.htm

Using a SoapIU tool and this document from the link, has anyone been able to send tests json to Technopedia? 

Can I ask what tool you chose?  
Could you share some simple code snips?

The TechnopediaAPI from this link is very easy to follow.

Thanks

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

The Altair client is a useful tool to use for developing and testing GraphQL queries to use with the Technopedia API. See the following page for some guidance and samples for working with this tool: GraphQL API Usage.

I'm not familiar with SoapIU, or SoapUI (if that is what you mean). It looks like there is some documentation here about using SoapUI for accessing GraphQL APIs: GraphQL Testing.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

The Altair client is a useful tool to use for developing and testing GraphQL queries to use with the Technopedia API. See the following page for some guidance and samples for working with this tool: GraphQL API Usage.

I'm not familiar with SoapIU, or SoapUI (if that is what you mean). It looks like there is some documentation here about using SoapUI for accessing GraphQL APIs: GraphQL Testing.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Not yet. I am still searching for an answer. I did find a class that  uses GraphQL as a tool used by Facebook to this this very type of interactions between the user and the tool. Looking into it to see if I can learn how GraphQL works. it says 

GraphQL is an open-source data query and manipulation language for APIs, and a runtime for fulfilling queries with existing data. GraphQL was developed internally by Facebook in 2012 before being public.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigationJump to search

GraphQLDeveloper(s)Initial releaseStable releaseRepositoryWritten inOperating systemWebsite

Facebook, and community
September 14, 2015
June 2018[1]
github.com/graphql/graphql-spec
Implementations in Java, JavaScript, Ruby, Scala, others.
Cross-platform
graphql.org

GraphQL is an open-source data query and manipulation language for APIs, and a runtime for fulfilling queries with existing data.[2] GraphQL was developed internally by Facebook in 2012 before being publicly released in 2015.[3] On 7 November 2018, the GraphQL project was moved from Facebook to the newly established GraphQL Foundation, hosted by the non-profit Linux Foundation.[4][5] Since 2012, GraphQL's rise has closely followed the adoption timeline as set out by Lee Byron, GraphQL's creator.[6] Byron's goal is to make GraphQL omnipresent across web platforms.

GraphQL provides an approach to developing web APIs and has been compared and contrasted with REST and other web service architectures. It allows clients to define the structure of the data required, and the same structure of the data is returned from the server. This prevents excessively large amounts of data from being returned, but can impede web caching of query results.

==Example==
[[POST (HTTP)|POST]] request:
<syntaxhighlight lang="text">}
{
orders {
id
productsList {
product {
name
price
}
quantity