cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking APIs in FlexeraOne

How are folks tracking  purchased APIs that are part of the total software solution in FlexeraOne SaaS edition (not SaaS manager)?

The SKU is not recognized in the ARL. I am noting this as a purchase and a "service" license  type since consumption can't be measured. Is this correct or is there a best practice for an API entry in Flexera?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. 

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

If I understand your scenario right, you have purchased some kind of SaaS service that provides an entitlement to use APIs associated with the service, and are interested in tracking this using Flexera One ITAM capabilities.

One way to do this would be to create a license record with a type of "Custom Metric". This will at least track the entitlement that you have. If there is some numeric metric associated with using the APIs (such as a number of API calls) then you could put a process in place to manually enter that number into the consumed count on the license record if that was useful.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

If I understand your scenario right, you have purchased some kind of SaaS service that provides an entitlement to use APIs associated with the service, and are interested in tracking this using Flexera One ITAM capabilities.

One way to do this would be to create a license record with a type of "Custom Metric". This will at least track the entitlement that you have. If there is some numeric metric associated with using the APIs (such as a number of API calls) then you could put a process in place to manually enter that number into the consumed count on the license record if that was useful.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Thank you. That is what we are doing and/or entering it as a service.