cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Socket Counts Not Displaying

Socket Counts for ESX Hosts and servers are not displaying.

I need to know if there is any way to collect socket count automatically ?

Does Flexera agent now collect socket count ?

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Socket counts can generally not be gathered automatically - operating systems to not typically provide any APIs to determine that data.

The Technopedia library of data (available with Flexera One IT Visibility) does provide socket counts for many hardware products. IT Visibility will map model information that is gathered from hardware devices by inventory tools such as the FlexNet inventory agent (or other sources) to hardware products in Technopedia so that you can get details of sockets in those hardware devices.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Socket counts can generally not be gathered automatically - operating systems to not typically provide any APIs to determine that data.

The Technopedia library of data (available with Flexera One IT Visibility) does provide socket counts for many hardware products. IT Visibility will map model information that is gathered from hardware devices by inventory tools such as the FlexNet inventory agent (or other sources) to hardware products in Technopedia so that you can get details of sockets in those hardware devices.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)