Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saas Manager licensing model

Big_Kev
By Level 7 Champion
Level 7 Champion

Hello Flexera Team

We have some accounts that only purchased Saas Manager and then used it to integrate with their On Premise FlexNet Manager Suite. 

We would like to understand the Flexera licensing model from this Saas Manager,

1. How does Saas Manager calculate its Flexera licensing quantity here? any formula etc?

2. More specifically, say 1,000 subscription User based license, does it allow managing Maxiumum 1000 users under HR roster? or only import 1000 users from each cloud application integration?  or say only allow 1000 users to log in Saas Manager?

From what I can see the license number doesn't restrain either HR roster active employee ...nor any saas application imported user counts....

Could anyone confirm ? Ideally from Flexera team? 

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Kevin

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

First of all, Flexera One SaaS management capabilities are now not normally licensed based on a number of users.

However if your organization has historically subscribed to these capabilities and is licensed based on a user metric, you need to have enough licenses to cover the number of users in the organization who may access a SaaS application. In many cases, that would be the number of employees & contractors working for the organization.

The system does not count the number of users, or functionally enforce a limit. The number of user records in the HR roster may give a useful data point to help assess your current consumption and license needs, although this does depend on the data you have loaded into the system: it won't necessarily tell you the total number of users in your organization who may access a SaaS application.

NB. This is an informal description of how the licensing generally works, not a formal or legal definition. Your license agreement is what formally determines how the licensing works in your specific situation, and it may be different from the general considerations I've described above.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

First of all, Flexera One SaaS management capabilities are now not normally licensed based on a number of users.

However if your organization has historically subscribed to these capabilities and is licensed based on a user metric, you need to have enough licenses to cover the number of users in the organization who may access a SaaS application. In many cases, that would be the number of employees & contractors working for the organization.

The system does not count the number of users, or functionally enforce a limit. The number of user records in the HR roster may give a useful data point to help assess your current consumption and license needs, although this does depend on the data you have loaded into the system: it won't necessarily tell you the total number of users in your organization who may access a SaaS application.

NB. This is an informal description of how the licensing generally works, not a formal or legal definition. Your license agreement is what formally determines how the licensing works in your specific situation, and it may be different from the general considerations I've described above.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Thank you very much Chris for your detailed summary here. This is a solution answer 🙂