cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi All,

I have a server reporting SQL Server Database Engine Services, which is being treated as a commercial application. I have validated that it is actually the Express edition that is installed by executing the following query in SQL Management Studio

SELECT @@VERSION

I would like to be able to modify, within FlexeraONE UI, that this is SQL Express, so that it doesn't continue to skew the compliance position. Is this possible, and if so what is the process please?

Thanks

(1) Solution

1) if a consumption is not expected, for any reason, you exempt the device (or user...) in consumption tab of the license (add a comment)

2) if you are not happy with a FLexera evidence (install or file, in ARL), the only action you can do (except open a case...) is to ignore it. And then you can do nothing or create a local evidence doing what you need.

Regards.

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
Big_Kev
By Level 7 Champion
Level 7 Champion

Hello @RWG2022 

Flexera ARL library currently defines the 'SQL Server Database Engine Services' application as 'commercial' as it's a licensable components.  And those'Flexera' sourced application, the user can't modify it.

The key issue from here is to identify what piece of software raw evidence triggered the 'SQL DB Engine Service' title installation on your express edition machine.  I suggest reaching out to Flexera support by providing them maybe a machine inventory file (ndi) file if you are using Flexera agent or if you are using other inventory tools you may want to work with support who will guide you what evidence they need to help find out the installation recognition reason.

Saying that I have a machine with SQL Server express edition installed, I imported into FlexeraOne system, I don't see ' SQL DB Engine Service' this component is reported installed. This is the may reason I suggest you may need support assistance to find out which one trigger that commercial app reported installed in your server.

HTH

Cheers

Kev

1) if a consumption is not expected, for any reason, you exempt the device (or user...) in consumption tab of the license (add a comment)

2) if you are not happy with a FLexera evidence (install or file, in ARL), the only action you can do (except open a case...) is to ignore it. And then you can do nothing or create a local evidence doing what you need.

Regards.