cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Purchase Type

Is it possible to add an additional purchase types to the choices within POs?

Thanks.

(2) Solutions

Hi,

Yes, you can create as many types as you may need. You should use a Business Adapter for the purpose and feed it with data. In "Purchase Type", select the field that provides you with the required Type.

All the Best

View solution in original post

@ttaccini 

If you're running ITAM as part of Flexera One you will have to contact Flexera Support to get the Purchase Type list extended, please refer to Custom Properties note at the top of the page:

Capture.PNG

Thanks,

View solution in original post

(7) Replies

Hi,

Yes, you can create as many types as you may need. You should use a Business Adapter for the purpose and feed it with data. In "Purchase Type", select the field that provides you with the required Type.

All the Best

Thank you for the quick reply, that's fantastic!

So, tried this, and when I imported the data with the business adapter; and put "Mainframe Software" in the Purchase Type for the import; it changed them all to Software.

Am I missing a step here?

@ttaccini 

If you're running ITAM as part of Flexera One you will have to contact Flexera Support to get the Purchase Type list extended, please refer to Custom Properties note at the top of the page:

Capture.PNG

Thanks,

Ahhhh... that makes much more sense. Thank you!

Ah, okay, so you are using cloud solution... You won't be the DBOwner in this case and cannot create the new entries all by yourself. This needs to be requested. My solution is valid when you are DBOwner.

Understood, sorry for not making that clarification on my side.