cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matching of SAAS and asset users and collecting their usage from IT assets

Hello Community,

we are using Flexera One, we have our main asset and user data managed in a third party tool. We collect these data (meta data) within a sql database and have business adapters to enrich the Flexera data with them.
This is working well, we match assets and users through their name.
On the other hand we use MS365 and Adobe portals (actually more, but not yet connected to flexera).

And here is our problem: we have IT asset user with an email and an alternate mail (we write the user principal name from MS Active Directory in it) and we have SAAS users collected from MS and Adobe portals. This users have one main e-mail (which identifies, so I think the user) and some more alias-e-mail adresses. This users are, as I understand it, not connected. At least I can not see how they are connected. The SAAS usage shows no usage from locally installed products, but when I search through the user to the linked inventory/asset I find the usage data.

I searched the forum for this topic and found one entry which stated, that the users are matched by their e-mail adress. The e-mail address which would match is not the main e-mail address of the saas user but one of the aliasses. What can we do to link the users or at least at the end: how can we track the usage of software products run on the notebooks of the users from cloud subscirpted products?

thanks and greetings

Ronald

(1) Solution
tjohnson1
By Technical Writer
Technical Writer

A SaaS user will merge with an inventory user if the email or alternate email of the inventory user matches the email of the SaaS user. Without this match, the SaaS user will create its own record in All IT Asset Users and the SaaS data will link to an inventory device tagged with (remote)

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
tjohnson1
By Technical Writer
Technical Writer

A SaaS user will merge with an inventory user if the email or alternate email of the inventory user matches the email of the SaaS user. Without this match, the SaaS user will create its own record in All IT Asset Users and the SaaS data will link to an inventory device tagged with (remote)

Thank you for your reply, this is helping, thank you.