cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBM PVU Out-of-Date Inventory

I believe we have figured out the answer to most of our questions, but I would like for someone familar with the IBM PVU Out of Date Inventory report to verify.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. 

Checked out the help menu https://docs.flexera.com/flexera/EN/ITAssets/Rep_IBMPVUOut-Of-DateInv.htm

• Frequent inventory scans enabled – We have noticed that, at times, it is marked “no” and then changed to “yes” after a few days.  I want to ensure that there is nothing I need to worry about with the agent as long as I don’t see a pattern of the device always stating “No.”  Since we have it set up to scan the hardware every 30 mins.  No reason it should not change to “Yes” once the agent scans, correct?

shill2_3-1672848433601.png

• Originally when the SAM ran this report, she was told to set the report for two days (if inventory is older than two days) there was a problem. 
    1. I believe this is if we had our agent inventory running daily, correct?  We changed our agent to run every three days, which means the inventory updates (depending on when the system reconciles) in ITAM every 4th day. 
    2. The 30-mins hardware scan has nothing to do with this report because this report is looking at the last time the inventory was scanned, correct?

shill2_4-1672848433633.png

Thanks

(1) Reply
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

The "Frequent inventory scans enabled" value will switch between "yes" and "no" from time to time based on whether any software licensed on a sub-capacity basis is found installed on the computer.

The "Has not reported inventory in over" setting is looking at when full inventory was last gathered from the device. You are correct that this is not related to the 30 minute hardware scan (which will not generate an inventory unless some hardware details have changed - so inventory from than scan does not get uploaded with any predictable frequency).

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)