cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flexnet Agent and SCCM client

Hi Team,

I have query regarding last inventory source.

From past few weeks I have observed servers in our environment are having SMS as their last inventory source even though we have installed FNMS agents . 

Later I have checked with SCCM team and got confirmation from them , they have installed SCCM clients in these devices. 

How can I make sure all should report from Flexnet manager suite without removing SCCM Clients.

Thanks in advance 

(2) Solutions

Hi @ReshmaB ,

In your case, you should focus on the 'Primary Inventory Source' and 'Primary Inventory Date' columns on the 'All Inventory' view. This will give you all the devices reported through the Agent and when. For more information, please refer to explanation of these two columns here - 

https://docs.flexera.com/fnms/EN/WebHelp/index.html#topics/Dev-All_Inventory.html

Thanks!

Ex-Flexera

View solution in original post

There isn't a configuration option to treat different operating systems differently like this. To make something like that effective you would need to control which agents are deployed to which operating systems so that you only had data from the relevant agent you want to use for each OS type - but that may be difficult to control or arrange.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(7) Replies
jevans
By Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Good afternoon Reshma, I hope you're well?
Thanks for reaching out on the Community!

If you have both the FlexNet Inventory Agent and the SCCM endpoint agent installed, I'd anticipate we should get inventory from both sources.
The 'Last Inventory Source' will just be the inventory source of the two which most recently reported inventory.

If you take a look at ITAM's Inventory Device Matching view, do you still see Inventory records for both FNMS and SCCM for this machine? Is the 'Raw Inventory Date' up to date for both sources?

Best regards,
Jack

I can see Raw inventory date is same for both sources

Hi @ReshmaB ,

In your case, you should focus on the 'Primary Inventory Source' and 'Primary Inventory Date' columns on the 'All Inventory' view. This will give you all the devices reported through the Agent and when. For more information, please refer to explanation of these two columns here - 

https://docs.flexera.com/fnms/EN/WebHelp/index.html#topics/Dev-All_Inventory.html

Thanks!

Ex-Flexera

Thank you Alpesh, It helps😊

is it possible to restrict the data  sources depending on  os types. Like I want to configure :

• for server it should consider Flexnet agent as inventory source (even though SCCM clients are installed in these servers)
  • for Workstations it should consider SCCM connection as  source

There isn't a configuration option to treat different operating systems differently like this. To make something like that effective you would need to control which agents are deployed to which operating systems so that you only had data from the relevant agent you want to use for each OS type - but that may be difficult to control or arrange.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

@ReshmaB ,

A possible solution could be to:

1) customise a copy of the SCCM connector, limiting the connection to only pull workstations (maybe limited on device type or some other way), then

2) only install FlexNet agents on servers

j