cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flexera Inventory Agent

Hello,

We use Microsoft SCCM to collect hardware/software inventory from endpoints. We are looking to switch this out and use the Flexera inventory agent instead, just like we do for servers. I have a question that I can't find an answer for. When an agent is deployed to an endpoint, either on it's own (manual or via SCCM) or as part of an image, at what point does the inventory run, and at what point is the inventory sent to the Beacon? It is immediately for both? I have a scenario for this which is super important to us. If someone leaves the business, their machine is handed back to local IT, and the machine is wiped, and then rebuilt with our standard desktop image. The same goes for brand new machines, where they will be built from an image. They may then go into stock immediately after ready to be issued to a new user. The machine could potentially sit in stock for several months and never be powered on, but we need visibility of these machines in ITAM, so that we can manage the deployment of commercial software applications. I've attached a couple of images of our agent schedule. 

Thanks

(1) Solution

For Windows, in mgssetup.ini you can use RUNCMD and RUNCMDARGS to trigger ndtrack at the end of the install. This functionality does not exist for the Unix agents, but you can create a script to run the install and then run ndtrack

View solution in original post

(4) Replies
tjohnson1
By Technical Writer
Technical Writer

The agent will gather inventory and the next scheduled time once it is installed and downloads policy. It then uploads the generated NDI directly after the inventory is collected.

You can adjust your installation script to run ndtrack -t machine at the end of the install so that is inventory is collected and uploaded right after the install.

Thank you for this. Do you have any documentation around adjusting the installation script, please?

Thanks

For Windows, in mgssetup.ini you can use RUNCMD and RUNCMDARGS to trigger ndtrack at the end of the install. This functionality does not exist for the Unix agents, but you can create a script to run the install and then run ndtrack

Thank you very much indeed.