cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does it Work .. Beacon Auto Upgrade via Flexera One Console ... [Registry]\Beacon\CurrentVersion\DistributionLocation

Hi Everyone, its time to upgrade our Beacons to a more recent version ... we use the Flexera One environment -- North American Cloud. I have not upgraded for a while since I had to rebuild the Beacons from scratch due to an Operating System out of support scenario. I noticed in some release notes that a new registry key was added back in 2021 R1 release where the new key - Registry]\Beacon\CurrentVersion\DistributionLocation  contains the directory\folder path for the current Beacon installation. Sure enough, when I look in the registry of a couple of our Beacons that key is populated with the correct path. We install the Beacon on a F drive instead of the C drive.

My assumption is that the  automated Beacon Update triggered via the console using the "Beacon Version Approved For" drop down box will trigger the Beacon upgrade on all of Beacon servers as expected but will check this registry key to ensure it upgrades the version on the path that is identified here.

This is a great improvement because I know in the past it would default to the C Drive which would kind of mess things up a bit. Just wondering if anyone knows for sure that this works as expected  ... meaning if you have the Beacon application installed on another drive other than C  .. that the new process will indeed look at that registry key and install\upgrade the application on the path specified in that key.

Thanks As Always

Bruce

(1) Solution

We installed our Beacon application on a drive other than the C Drive and have chosen the automatic updates from the UI. The Registry key matches the install drive and has worked for a couple updates now.

View solution in original post

(2) Replies

We installed our Beacon application on a drive other than the C Drive and have chosen the automatic updates from the UI. The Registry key matches the install drive and has worked for a couple updates now.

Thanks so much for the confirmation  "tblock"  .. really appreciate it  !!!

Bruce